Men meat noise fury
Stare grin torn maids sorrow stop
Tears foe friend glory
Breathing heavy fear
Walking biting screech silence
Stare point grasp confused
Step forth to chaos
Man eyes hungry animal
Leave men do not care- The first change I made was to recreate the story as a Haiku, this enabled the reader to understand the true meaning of the keywords that define Penelope’s feelings throughout her experience.
- The second change I made was to represent her confusion, as the reader can not distinguish whether she enjoys the suitors remarks or not. The first sentence reads “Men meat noise fury” whereas the final reads “Tears foe friend glory.” The words “friend” and “foe” show how she can not decide whether the men are enemies or safe company which contradict the word “fury” in the first sentence.
- The final change I made was to have the title correlate to the information being presented in the Haiku. The “Short and Simple” part represents the literal structure of the Haiku, whereas the sadness ties in to her attitude being shown in the first and second sentences.
No comments:
Post a Comment