Monday, April 11, 2016

A Grasp on Something New



The growth mindset played a key role in my interpretation of the Odyssey Dramatic Monologue project where my decision of which character to address deviated from taking a more apparent route to choosing a character that would challenge me as a writer and analytical thinker. 

Choosing a character that would require less effort to research and portray is the first thought that jumped to my head as the project begun. I was confident that choosing a largely discussed heroic figure would surely provide the most substantial information to discuss later in the poem. 

However, to my dismay, this method had suddenly disinterested me. The frequently discussed gallant events these prominent characters had undertook was a topic that was too fresh in my mind, I needed something that was more foreign to me in order to spite more interest within myself. 

Although this decision included a consequence of taking a larger burden upon my shoulders to write a poem about a more dense and undiscussed character, I was anticipating the challenge. I later choose sorcerer goddess Circe as my character to discuss in the first person, I satisfying choice as this character was one that, due to my self doing, required more effort as a learner to interpret. 

This is a direct example of the growth mindset, that through my studies, I enabled myself to take a digression from what was the “easy way out” to a pathway that enabled myself be educated on more than what is directly in front of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment