The Stay Focused application retains a simplistic and easy to navigate system where the user can easily access and restrict websites to their desire. I used StayFocused as a tool to restrict distracting web pages which include YouTube and Twitter. These social media and entertainment pages have gained an empire of fans and are designed to immediately captivate the user which is why I used Stay Focused thus allowing me to center my attention on my school work.
When first entering the application, it immediately gives you an option to block all websites or only specific pages, it then asks which parts of the website you would like to temporarily block and for how long. This enables the user to not be easily distracted by notifications. Stay Focused is user friendly and is comical in its wording, using the phrase “Nuke Em” as a way to begin disabling access to chosen websites.
However, what Stay Focused does not take into account is that (for some people including myself) the application is only a reminder that I can not use the disabled device for the allotted time, so (depending on the work) it only would motivate me to use an alternative device. I feel that though the application is well thought out and quite useful, it is not one I would use for myself, primarily because I would prefer to start working with a self motivation rather than having a machine manage my time, thus proving my incapability to take my academic studies seriously.
No comments:
Post a Comment